No one is automatically an expert at parenting — whether your child is your first or your fifth. There is always something new to learn.
And families come in all different shapes and sizes. Sometimes when you’re a grandparent raising a grandchild, an adoptive parent, a foster parent, or a stepparent, that can add a unique set of challenges to parenting.
Fortunately, there is a wealth of resources available to help parents navigate the complexities of raising happy, healthy children.
Finding the Right Parenting Resources For You
No matter your family situation, the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund is here to help you succeed as a parent. Our goal is to see that every parent has the support and resources they need. We offer a variety of services including parenting classes, community trainings, events, and a resource library.
Through our parent resources, you can:
- Learn about child development to understand your child’s emotions and behaviors.
- Learn successful techniques for getting involved with your children.
- Trade tips with other parents about how to deal with feeling overwhelmed by the pressures of family life.
- Gain confidence in yourself as a parent.
- Gain a support network of other parents who may fulfill needs like transportation, child care, or just become friends.
- Stay up-to-date on research so you know what science shows is successful when it comes to parenting.
You can also browse the Regional Prevention Council in your area for support near you.