The Ohio Children’s Trust Fund believes it’s important to have a vision and a plan for the future. We also believe it’s important to periodically evaluate our strengths and our opportunities for growth. So every five years, we take a hard look at every aspect of what we do — and what we could do for Ohio families — and create a new roadmap for the coming five years.
This strategic plan helps us to be efficient in how our agency is run, ways we’re having an effective impact on the lives and health of Ohio children, and how we can be even better in the future.
Our current strategic plan is for 2016 to 2021 and includes an exciting vision for the Trust Fund. The five goals we set support and expand our mission to prevent child abuse and neglect, strengthen Ohio families, and invest in communities.
Goals of the Current Strategic Plan
By 2021, the Trust Fund plans to:
- Raise awareness about the Trust Fund so that the public has a better understanding of how we’re strengthening Ohio families, providing children with healthier and safer environments, and preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Provide greater support for families by making more training, classes, information, and other resources available online and through our Regional Prevention Councils and other partners.
- Work with professionals throughout the state to develop a common language, measurement tools, and approaches for the prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Do even more to raise awareness about child health and safety in Ohio with our partners and create a child well-being data dashboard.
- Streamline our organizational structure and diversify our fundraising efforts even more to increase the effectiveness of dollars used. This includes seeking additional donations and partnerships with businesses to support our mission.
How You Can Support Our Vision
If you’re as excited about our future as we are, there are a few ways you can support the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund.
- Donate — Your donation can support crucial activities that help families and programs in your local community.
- Partner — If you are a business owner or corporate executive, we’d love to discuss a partnership with you on a program to raise awareness about child health and safety or providing support to parents and caregivers. Contact us today.
- Volunteer — If you’d like to give your time, explore ways that you can volunteer with the Trust Fund.